Monday, May 21, 2012

IHSW & TUSAL for MAY 2012


This week I have lots to share.  My plan was to work on my Mystery SAL during this hermitting weekend, but it was late being posted so instead I worked on “African Women” except for the couple of times I had to sneak out to enjoy the beautiful weather we were having.  I popped into Wal-Mart to check on the progress in their new craft department and picked up a few little things. 

I finally got my second part of the Papillon Creations Mystery SAL ( Around the World in 80 Stitches) and it looks exciting there are Mordvinian star stitches, Swedish Slip stitches, Danish knot and even Hardanger, none of which I have ever done before, some I have never heard of.  Well I wanted to learn new stuff, here it is.
Last Wednesday night at our stitch-in I picked up a grab bag, see what I got for just $5.00

I also realized that our shop was one featured in the current issue of “Cross Stitch and Needlework” on page 21 that’s us. 
If you would like check out the shop’s blog, there are some lovely pictures there.
As I said before I had to sneak out of hermitting a couple of times , Sunday I went to the 49th Annual Needlework Exhibition held at a local historical site here in Alexandria,  the Woodlawn Plantation
Sorry, couldn’t take any pictures of the pieces displayed there, they were in the rooms of this  200+yr old plantation house and no pictures allowed.  There were some absolutely gorgeous pieces the one that really stuck with me was a dog embroidered and it had actual whiskers.  Talk about details, this was beautiful.
Well today is rainy so I’ll be staying in and stitching.  I want to welcome all my new followers and thank you all for all of the lovely comments.  Please come again.  I’ll leave you with the progress picture of “African Women” and I’m off to make some wonderful little xxs.
Yes I am cheating, I forgot to post my TUSAL yesterday and I don't want to post it completely by itself so I'm adding it here.

 Joysze and Daffy Cat love you both:-)

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful few days with lots of things accomplished & lots of fun to go along with them!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Your African Women piece is looking beautiful!

Melissa said...

Wow! You got nice nice patterns in your grab bag!

Great job on African Women :)

blue star stitcher said...

Oooh that grab bag looks fun. I picked up this months "Cross stitch & Needlework", i'll have to look for your shop now, how exciting.

Anonymous said...

Hello Minnie

i'm looking forward to seeing the next installment of the Papillon SAL.

Your grab bag charts are great!

African Women is looking lovely and your TUSAL is pretty!

Vicky said...

African woman is looking great. I have hit a stitching slump AGAIN but that may be due to a change in the weather.

EvalinaMaria said...

I absolutely love your 'African Women', what a stunning piece!

Evalina, This and that...

Anne said...

Love your grab bag Minnie! There's some darling designs in there to stitch!! And you can't beat $5!!! I like your grabs from Walmart too! I don't think our Canadian Walmart craft sections are that good yet. I'll have to have peek when I go there soon. Lovely progress on African Women. It's such a beautiful, bold design!!

Bea said...

African Women is such a lovely piece - you obviously made the most of IHSW even with the occasional "pop out".

Jackie said...

I Love what's in your grab bag. LOL. I will have to take a look at your LNS in that magazine too.
Wow the dog whiskers sounds interesting. Your African Women are coming along quite nice.

Kalu V said...

what a fun weekend!
great progress on african women =)