Monday, May 7, 2012

MY LATE MAY WIPOCALYPSE



I haven’t put in a single stitch since last Wednesday stitch night; where I worked on another installment of my black & white project.  The reason for this is I had visitors from out of town, one of my sisters and my hubby’s sister.  They both wanted to visit us and the Nation’s Capital so they flew together.  It was a great visit but no stitching.  That also explains why my Wipocalypse post is late this month. Here it is:
1.        Some progress made on the b & w  project
2.       No stitching on African Women in a while will have to rotate to it soon
3.       Haven’t touch the Champagner since last update
4.       No stitching on the Spring Heart this month
5.       No stitching on the Rose Sampler
6.       Still only one of the Three Kimonos
7.       I did finish both hearts in the Papillon Creation Mystery SAL
8.       Since I finished His Name is Jesus I added this small Papillon Creation it’s called Byzantine Gem
And now for some pictures:






Here are a couple pictures of my visitors. On this first one I was experimenting with my camera it's in B/W. I bet you can guess which one is  my sister.  We had a wonderful visit, even though the weathermen predicted rain the whole weekend the only rain we had was during our boat tour and we were inside.  By the time the boat ride was over the rain had stopped.
In front of the Capt. Bldg

At the MLK memorial

At the WWII memorial

Again at the MLK memorial
 Now there was no rain here the whole weekend as I mentioned and we got these lovely ladies to the airport on time for their flight home yesterday, their flight was routed through Atlanta, GA and then back to Chicago, IL well of course there was a rain delay getting into Atl. so they missed their connecting flight and were stuck overnight. They are booked for a 3 pm flight but are waiting in the airport on stand-by just in case. I'm calling every hour or so checking that they are doing okay until they are safely on the plane home.  Poor ladies; I know this will definitely be a trip to remember.

So while I wait I'll make some beautiful little xxs.  Thanks to all for stopping by.

11 comments:

Ewa said...

I think you got some very nice progress in, despite your inability to stitch on some projects. Every little x brings you closer! Your photos make me nostalgic for when I went to DC. Very nice :)

Rachel S-H said...

I just found your blog. Lovely progress. Glad the rain stayed away for the visit.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your Wips are looking great!

Lovely photos of you all together.
Happy stitching!

Shirlee said...

Lovely projects! You are making more progress than I am of late : )

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Glad you had a good time!

sharine said...

Very good progress!You all look like you had a great time.

Anne said...

You've done a lot on all your projects!! Glad to hear you had a lovely time with your family and that the rain stopped just for you!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great stitching Minnie and lovely photos of your time with your visitors.

Jackie said...

It's nice to see your projects although you had not had much progress. Hope your visitors arrived home safely. I love those African Women. Beautiful.

Jackie said...

Ooops.
Have a Happy Mother's Day:-o

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :)