Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm a few days late

For the 1st Wipocalypse of 2013 but better late than never:-)  I have a couple of finishes to share, the first is "Spring Heart" this was a freebie I found at http://olgamaxden.blogspot.com and I just loved trying the specialty stitches. This was before I started working on the AW80S and I finally finished it. Her blog is in Russian and I can't read a thing but the charts are beautiful, this one you can find by scrolling down and looking on the left hand sidebar.

 This is stitched with DMC #552 medium violet on 25ct black Lugana with iridescent purple seed beads. The second finish I have was actually done this weekend while participating in the SWAT hosted by the group I'm in on About.com Cross Stitch.  This SAL last all week starting on Saturday the 26th and ending this coming Saturday the 2nd of Feb.  You stitch as much or as little as you can on what ever you like and know that somewhere in the world someone is stitching with you.  This chart I had started already and I was able to finish it last night.  It is "My Needle and My Floss, They Comfort Me",  from Waxing Moon Designs and is stitched on 28ct tea-dyed Irish Linen with DMC floss.
I will be starting a new chart by my favorite designer Joan Elliott, I found it in a book "Cross Stitch Angels" it's called Angels of the World. I will be stitching it with DMC floss on 28ct Pewter Blue Lugana. It is finished as a small banner in the book so I will be trying that when it's stitched.


Welcome to my new followers and thank you to you all, I hope you return often and leave comments, I really enjoy them and try to respond to everyone.  Well it's time to get back to stitching so I will have some progress to show next time, so I'm off to make some wonderful little xxs.


18 comments:

Vickie said...

Minnie it is all wonderful, but the Spring Heart! Wow! That is stunning. Great job.

Anne said...

Wow that purple heart is stunning!! Love the different stitches! Beautiful WIP's too!!

Stress Less said...

I love the spring heart. The color is so beautiful!

sharine said...

The heart is beautiful. Well done:)

Jan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the heart at the next Stitch Night.

MarchAnn said...

Everything looks great Minni, I love your Waxing Moon piece. I may have it somewhere I think.
The Spring Heart is really nice, you did good on the specialty stitches.

Angela CG said...

Such wonderful finishes. Thank you for sharing.

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely finishes Minnie :)

ALICE MARGAUX said...

love the purple and your stitches, well done.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That heart piece came out really nice. I really like the waxing moon one as well.

Faith... said...

That heart is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on such a wonderful finish. Looking forward to seeing your Angel.

Unknown said...

Your heart is BEAUTIFUL - that color POPS on the black.

Your new stitch looks like it will be a fun stitch. Looking forward to your WIPS

Annie said...

Your stitching is incredible! The Spring Heart is just beautiful. I'm anxious to see the Joan Elliott angel as you stitch it. I've never seen that one before. I'm really glad I found your blog. Happy stitching!

Mii Stitch said...

It's all beautiful but the heart is just stunning!! I love love love it :D

Shirlee said...

The purple heart is beautiful (but then I'm partial to purple ... lol!), & congratulations on finishing the Waxing Moons chart! The angels piece looks right up your alley ... I know you will have fun with that one : )

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Both your fininshes are lovely, but I just adore Spring Heart. It's drop-dead gorgeous!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Brigitte said...

Wow, this purple heart on the black fabric looks just gorgeous. The black makes the purple colour stand out and you can see the specialty stitches very well. Also your second finish looks great.
Good luck with your new start!