Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Needle and MY Floss



They Comfort Me is what I have been working on since this past Saturday. I started it at my friend Jan’s house during our first stitch & bitch of the New Year. It is by Waxing Moon Designs and I’m stitching on 28ct tea-dyed Irish Linen with DMC floss. I've bounced between angel wings, MN&MF and Africa this week also putting the finishing touches on my biscornu exchange package which is now ready for shipment. Now is the worst part, waiting to find out how your person liked what you did and who stitched for you as soon as everybody has received their exchange piece I will share what I sent and what I got.  It has been raining here for two days and two nights and it is driving me crazy, I am not what you would call an outdoors kinda of person but I at least like to look out and see the sunshine.  I paused listening to my audio books last week to watch the old series “Upstairs, Downstairs” on Netflix, it was fun watching all the episodes back-to-back without the commercials.  I have started watching “The Grand” it’s pretty good too.  I want to order the previous episodes of “Call the Midwife” that looks like a good show.  Well I guess I owe you a couple of stitching pictures, so I won’t keep you in suspense.




Now I think I will call up a couple chapters of “The Widower’s Tale” (an audio book) and make some little xxs before bed. Thank you to all of my wonderful followers for stopping by.

14 comments:

sharine said...

Beautiful stitching:)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love, love, love the stitching!

Vicky said...

Your stitching is beautiful as ever and I highly recommend Call the Midwife. I bought it on DVD in New Zealand when I was there last year after hearing rave reviews.

StitchyDon said...

Love your projects !!!!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful!!!

Vickie said...

Looking great! I have They Comfort me waiting in the wings to be stitched.

Stitching again, March Ann said...

Have not seen that Waxing Moon Design Minnie I may have to get that one because yours looks so great. I love it and it was great seeing you all on Skype on Saturday for the S&B. I really miss my stitching friends. I am sure the ladies here are great but its just not the same.

Katie said...

Great stitching pics.

gracie said...

The stitching looks wonderful....

Shirlee said...

Great stitching, as always : )

Mary said...

Lovely stitching! Hope you see the sun soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Beautiful stitching!

irene m. said...

Anxious to see all the biscornus too. Don't forget our guessing game after everyone receives their goodie.

We watched a few episodes of the Midwife and were disappointed. Seemed sluggish and the characters didn't grab me. And we love shows like Downton Abbey and Doc Martin so I'm not sure why this show didn't click with us.

Always love to drop by and see what you're doing. As for rain, here in Oregon we're always surprised by sunshine. LOL No, it's not that bad but I do have to scrape the moss out between my toes once a month. LOL

Precious Crafts said...

Hi, I admire your dedication to cross stitching - 29 finishes in 2012! That's a lot! Thanks for sharing.:D