Sunday, January 18, 2015

First IHSW of 2015

Thank you all for the prayers and wonderful words they were greatly appreciated.  During this week and the first IHSW of 2015 I was able to finish December Calendar Girl
from Little House Needlework.  I have decided to mount each one as if it was the front of a flat ornament but I will not add a back panel for now. What I will do is attach strips of velcro around the edges and to this plaque, this way the months can be switched out and I don't use up a lot of wall space to display them.

 This plaque also fits in a picture stand so it doesn't have to go on the wall. By the way this one is not completed just giving you an idea of what it will look like.  This is a monthly SAL but I couldn't resist this little beauty, it's February fairy from Lucie Heaton free Facebook SAL.
So then there were two.
This next design is a little freebie from DMC, I changed one of the shades of pink for a metallic and finished it as a wall hanging for a very dear friend on mine.  She also loves snails so of course I had to add one.

As I was catching up on reading blogs I saw this SAL and just had to join it. I confess it is the perfect excuse to start this adorable chart I received from a friend on Facebook. 

The SAL is called "Gifted Gorgeousness" hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. I'll be stitching this on 25ct Lugana "Wedgewood Blue" and here is my progress so far.
I hope everybody participating enjoyed this first 2015 IHSW, I did. Thank you all for stopping by and I'll just go back to making those wonderful little xxs.

17 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

February's Fairie is just as cute as January's. And good idea for how to mount the calendar girls!

Vickie said...

Good for you Minnie. You are accomplishing much! I am still praying for you and family.

Katie said...

Wow lots of beautiful stitching in your update. What a great IHSW!

Keebles said...

Congrats! Great progress and finishes!

Anna van Schurman said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you left out the p in inspired on the initial. I think your calendar girls are adorable, and I love the idea for finishing it as a changeable plaque.

Julie said...

Super idea for the calendar girls.
Lots of wonderful stitching you've been doing Minnie.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Gorgeous stitching Minnie.What a brilliant idea for the Calendar Girls.

Deb said...

Congrats on all your finishes!!
Beautiful stitching!

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching! Love how you finished the Calender girls so beautifully too!

Bea said...

You had a very successful weekend - great projects.

Jan said...

It seems I'm forever playing catch-up reading my favorite blogs. Sorry to hear about your sad family business. I hear ya when it comes to stitching keeping you sane. I love looking at all your projects and finishes but Joan Elliott Mystery SAL will always be my favorite.

Christine said...

Great stitching. I like the idea of using the plaque

Shannon Meyer said...

Lots of beautiful stitching!! I really like your idea for mounting the LHN ladies!!

Brigitte said...

I love your idea of changing the calendar girls each month. Great stitching!

Marcy said...

Great idea for your calendar girls. Love the fairies ... they're so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hello I am new to your blog! I love your Mickey and Minnie mouse so adorable.

I love your idea for the monthly LHN girls. So neat and cool. Your stitching is beautiful.

The fairies are so cute. What a sweet gift for a friend. Love how you added the snail.

Good start to your SAL!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such a great way to display the Calendar Girls. I love to rotate my stitching displays but I usually forget until half way through the month or season!
Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Don't forget to link this post onto the January link up post as well as signing up on the main page.