Saturday, January 27, 2018

2017 Has Gone Bye, Bye

Before I get to my 2018 stuff I want to say a final farewell to 2017. As for my blogging, it was a very short year, I think I had taken on too many things with no organization and some things just fell by the way side. However if you have waited for me to get my act together I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for still being here. I have started posting my 2017 finishes in a separate page at the top of my blog so I won't take up this whole space. Here I will show a couple of special finishes from last year. In my last post I showed a picture of "Sea Goddess" from Joan Elliott I was working just finishing up the back stitch, well she is a special finish I want to show here:
All of her beading is done and she is ready to be framed. I also showed a new mermaid I was working on in my last post and she too has been finished and is ready to be framed.
The last special wip I finished in 2017 was the Linen & Thread 2017 Mystery SAL
I put the last stitches in this one on the 27th of December, I think I stitched a couple of weeks on this one exclusively just to finish it before the end of the year.  It was a real labor of love and hopefully I'll get it FFO'd later this year (probably a wall hanging). It's stitched on 32 ct. Lugana and is still 31 inches long, framing would be really expensive.
 There were several other new starts that I also finished in 2017,take a look in my page up top for those. I only have three finishes for 2018 so far they are:
Cape Cod Keeps- Remember Me by Plum Street Samplers
Connie G's 2015-16 Mystery Diamond SAL

It's In The Bag- Coffee
Well I will stop rambling and go make some wonderful little xxs and I'll be back soon to show all of my current wips.  Thank you all for following me I really appreciate it that you find me and what I have to show interesting.  Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

The Mermaid is beautiful, and the L & T's SAL is to die for.
I love your color scheme.
Congrats on all of your finishes.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh Minnie your finishes are awesome! I miss your posts my dear. ❤️

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What lovely, lovely finishes my friend. Sure glad to see you back.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What gorgeous finishes Minnie,well worth the wait to see them on your blog.
Your ermaid is stunning as is your Mystery Diamond SAL.
I was not the most prolific blogger last year either,but at least I could catch up with you on Youtube:)
Great to see you here though,and on IG

Katie said...

Your finishes are all beautiful. Just love the mermaids. So beautiful. Hope you have a successful 2018!

Daffycat said...

Wonderful finishes! I’m glad you’re here, Minnie!

Cathy said...

Glad you are back to posting. I love your Joan Elliott finish. She is one of my favorite designers.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, they are stunning! I can't wait to see them framed.
Your Linen & Thread looks wonderful, I love your colour choices.
You had a great finishing year, bring on 2018!